THE 2020 CENSUS IS UNDERWAY - WHILE SOLDIERING THROUGH SELF-QUARANTINE OR SIMPLY SHELTERING IN PLACE BECAUSE YOU ARE OVER 70 YEARS OF AGE... PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO FILL OUT THE CENSUS ONLINE...
CLICK ON 2020census.gov BELOW (you may need tocopy the link into your browser)
The 2020 Census is now available online at 2020census.gov!
The most accurate response is a self response, and an early response helps to ensure that no one will come knocking on your doors starting in mid May.
With respect to COVID-19, Census 2020 is moving ahead according to plan. The Census Bureau will follow the guidance of Federal, State, and local health authorities.
Some resources and answers to recently and frequently asked questions:
1) What does the Invitation to Respond envelope look like? See visuals of our Census 2020 mailings here:
2) Can I answer the questionnaire without the code in the Invitation to respond? Yes! Visit my2020census.gov to complete the questionnaire with or without a code.
3) Will my geographic area receive the paper form first or only the invitation to respond? Take a look at the Mail Contact Strategies Viewer -- if your census tracts are in green then your area will receive the invitation to respond and the paper questionnaire in the first mailing. Remember, anyone who does not respond by phone or online will receive a paper questionnaire as part of their 4th mailing.
4) I like the paper questionnaire. Will I need to pay to mail it back? No, it has postage on the return envelope and is ready to mail.
5) What are the Census toll free phone numbers?
Telephone Display Device 844-467-2020
6) What if more than 10 people are in my household? It is best to answer online or by phone for a larger household as you may include up to 99 people in your response.
7) Where can I find language assistance for the census? See print guides in 59 languages here.
8) When will I be able to see how well my community is responding? As of March 20th you will be able to Census Self-Response Rates here: https://2020census.gov/en/response-rates.html
9) Will the Census Bureau provide staff at my agency to help my community complete the census? We are staffing Census Response Representatives (CRR) mostly in areas predicted to have a low response rate from March 12 through March 30th. After March 30th, we will deploy CRRs only in areas of low self-response for Mobile Questionnaire Assistance (please see attached flyer regarding MQA).
Census Takers also known as enumerators will begin non-response follow-up in early May.
Connect with us at www.census.gov